Welcome to another edition of Top Traders Round Table, a series of conversations with industry leaders on the subject of Managed Futures.
On this episode my guests are Chris Solarz, Managing Director, Global Macro Hedge Fund Strategies at Cliffwater, Adam Duncan, Managing Director at Cambridge Associates as well as Freeman Wood, who is a Partner and Head of North America, at Mercer.
Our guests discuss their personal journeys to becoming leaders in their respective fields, the role of consultants today, and the relationship between investors, managers, and consultants.
In this episode you'll learn:
- What challenges Adam sees institutional investors facing.
- How the role of the consultant has changed.
- Issues that frustrate consultants, and how our guests solve them.
- How to bridge the gap between the managers and the investors.
- Why past hedge fund managers were able to pursue a more “pure” strategy.
- The practical implications of having a larger fund.
- The pros and cons of smaller and larger managers.
- What red flags new startups can avoid.
You can check out the all of the notes and full transcript of this episode right here:
You can watch PART 2 of this interview right here: https://youtu.be/p1EKwnAiWtw
Follow us on social media: